The famous Varzuga River is one of the most admired and exciting salmon rivers in the world. Salmon Junkies has an exclusive long-term lease on more than 30 km of the most attractive and enjoyable salmon fishing on the Kola Peninsula. This charming section of river gives access to the most prestigious and remote part of Varzuga, from the Yzia tributary down to the junction with Pana River = 30 Km of fast rapids sections and kilometres of prime fly water
The Grand Varzuga camp accommodates up to 10 guests in single rooms over five cabins. There is a central shower and washing block, plus a cosy centrally placed dinning house with a veranda overlooking the river.
Grand Varzuga is located about 15 km upstream of the Pana tributary. Here the river is medium sized at 30 to 65 metres wide with numerous fast runs and rocky sections, which provide awesome holding spots. The biggest Varzuga salmon are actually ‘designed’ to reach this part of the river (In 2013 we landed/scaled 9 x 20Lb salmon during May and June).
The Grand Varzuga beat is so remote you will feel you have finally come to ‘salmon heaven’! Close to the camp there is plenty of good fly fishing water. Not all of the pools have been discovered yet, so you may even find get a pool named after you!
Join Salmon Junkies on our new Varzuga program and you could learn more about Atlantic salmon fishing in one week than you will in a lifetime of fishing Norwegian or Scottish rivers. Average catch per rod 23 – 27 Salmon per rod
Grand Varzuga travel itinerary: This is how you will spend your week in Grand Varzuga – Please notice that the program will run from Sunday to Sunday.
- Sunday/Day 1: Pick up service at your Hotel in Murmansk at 12.00 a.m. Following a 2 hour bus journey to Kirovsk airport, you will take a 50 minute helicopter flight to Grand Varzuga. Sunday evening fishing will take place 1–4 km upstream from the camp under a schedule directed by the camp manager.
- Monday/Day 2: Salmon fishing – Grand Varzuga
- Tuesday/Day 3: Salmon fishing – Grand Varzuga
- Wednesday/Day 4: Salmon fishing – Grand Varzuga
- Thursday/Day 5: Salmon fishing – Grand Varzuga
- Friday/Day 6: Salmon fishing – Grand Varzuga
- Saturday/Day 7: Salmon fishing – Grand Varzuga
- Sunday morning/Day 8: Return to Murmansk via Kirovsk Airport, arriving in the afternoon.
18/5 – 25/5 – 1 open rod
25/5 – 1/6 – 2 open rods
1/6 – 8/6 – 1 open rod
8/6 – 15/6 – 2 open rods
15/6 – 22/6 – 3 open rods
We feel confident that our Grand Varzuga program represents some of the most interesting, challenging and some of the cheapest salmon fishing on the Kola Peninsula.
Please also check out our latest small film about Grand Varzuga – https://vimeo.com/81872227
For more information please mail firstname.lastname@example.org